BRIDESMAID DRESS ORDER PROCESS
- Once the desired style, color, fabric, and size of the dress have been selected, a signed copy of the Order Form must be completed by each bridesmaid.
- Bridesmaids’ dresses require full payment before an order can be placed. Dora Grace cannot place the bridesmaids’ dress order until the entire bridal party order is complete.
- Each of our bridesmaid designers has a different size chart. It is critical that each bridesmaid use the designer’s specific size chart to pick her dress size. The size selected for the dress is a standard size per the designer’s size chart and is not made to your measurements. Because the dresses are not made to measure, alterations should be expected once the dress is received.
- To order a bridesmaid dress, you will need to know your bust, waist, and hip measurement. Size is determined by the largest measurement; therefore, alterations are almost always required and they are not included in the price of the dress. When looking at the size chart, we recommend choosing a larger size if your measurements fall between two sizes. It is much easier to take a garment in, than to let it out.
- Depending on the bridesmaid designer, special exceptions can sometimes be made for a bridesmaid who is pregnant – please contact us about this.
- Our designers use the finest fabrics. Silk fabrications often contain variations and irregularities, which are inherent in fine silk yarn.
- These characteristics enhance the natural beauty of the fabric and are not considered defects. Please note that fabric color may vary due to variations of dye lots and may not be the exact color that was selected from the color card or swatch.
TIMING FOR DELIVERY
- Our designers require 12-16 weeks to manufacture their garments. In order to allow time for proper alterations, we recommend that bridesmaids order their gowns a minimum of 4.5 months before the wedding, leaving between 2 and 4 weeks for alterations and an additional 2 week window in case designers run behind.
- Rush orders can often be placed at an additional charge. The lead-time and charges vary by designer.
- Dora Grace provides an in-house seamstress as an added service. However, all alterations provided at the store are done by an outside seamstress that does not work for Dora Grace, LLC therefore Dora Grace, LLC takes no responsibility on the work done by these outside professionals.
- These dresses are intended to be altered and any competent tailor should be able to perform the necessary alterations for it to fit you well if you are unable to be fitted at Dora Grace.
- All gowns and merchandise are sent to Dora Grace and can be picked up at the boutique. Alternatively, bridesmaids’ dresses can be shipped to individuals using a trackable system via UPS or Federal Express. Shipped packages will require a signature upon delivery. Shipping is $25 per dress. We do not ship internationally. Please call for rates if shipping to Alaska or Hawaii.
- If you change your mind after you order, and choose not to pick up your dress at Dora Grace, we are happy to ship the dress to you for the $25 shipping fee. Likewise, if you choose to change your order by picking up your dress instead of having it shipped, we can accommodate the change, but cannot refund the shipping.
- Since our merchandise is made to order, there are no exchanges or refunds. All sales are final. There are no exceptions.